Manages sales activities in a territory by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate sales staff and/or outside sales representatives.
- Promotes sale of products and services either directly or through independent sales representatives.
- Assists in developing sales forecast.
- Assists with sales representatives’ training.
- Travels throughout assigned territory calling on prospective customers and assists outside sales representatives.
- Determines customer needs and recommends sales strategies to achieve Company goals.
- Represents Company at technical conferences, association meetings, and trade shows.
- Acts as contact between Company, customers, and sales representatives.
- Assists other departments within Company to prepare manuals and technical publications based on customer's specific needs.
- Prepares monthly sales report for assigned territory showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Prepares quotations for blow molding equipment, molds, tooling, and other downstream equipment for prospects and customers.
- Provides technical and commercial details of a sale to sales administrator for order confirmation.
- Reviews and approves machine invoices prepared by sales administrator.
- Monitors product test runs, run-offs, final acceptance, customer demonstrations and evaluations with accurate documentation and report generation.
- Assists Product manager with new machinery, technical data and new product development.
- Prepares sales or service contracts for products or services, negotiates prices, discount levels and terms of sale in accordance with established policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Coordinates processing of machine orders by acting as liaison between outside sales representative, customer and Production Department.
- Maintains potential new client listing based on various sales leads, trade publications, business directories and other sources.
- Directly supervises various outside sales representatives located within assigned sales territories.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws.