DIRECT HIRE POSITION
Plans and prepares production schedules for the manufacture of blow molding machines while exercising discretion and independent judgment that generally involves evaluating, recommending and/or deciding on possible courses of action by performing the following duties.
- Initiates and conducts preliminary machine order specification sheet meetings with engineering and marketing to formulate a plan on how to build the order.
- Attends the MOSS meeting to provide any additional information and discuss open issues.
- Establishes a manufacturing bill of material from information obtained at the MOSS meetings, and releases machine for production.
- Utilizes MRP/MPS data to plan, schedule, release, and track orders for parts. This includes all in-house made parts/assemblies and purchased parts.
- Provides work order packets and job priority status to assigned departments.
- Conducts weekly meetings with department supervisors to review status of assigned projects and troubleshot.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- May coordinate orders for all production parts needed from Germany. Includes ordering, weekly status review, initiating follow up faxes, and inspection of parts upon arrival.
- Monitors and reviews MRP entries including manufacturing bills of materials listings to ensure accuracy and adjust errors. Integrates part or design changes into the MRP system.
- Assists Materials Director in determining cost of machine options.
- Leads a team to identify and analyze alternate ways to build or buy parts and sub assemblies. May work with confidential or proprietary information.
- Provides information on component availability to marketing upon request.
- Advises Materials Director on possible areas to eliminate excess inventory levels.