Post Date: 04/05/2017
$14 - DOE
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Train and directs associates on job responsibilities, equipment checks and paperwork accuracy.
- Coordinates samples, inspects and prepares product and performs rework as needed.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Communicate job specifications for appropriate equipment set-up; confirm compliance of set-ups to operational parameters.
- Assist with performing production duties as needed during the course of the shift.
- Maintain production records and report shift results daily.
- Address concerns and communicate major issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assist in the performance review process.
- Identify employee training needs and seek additional resources as needed to further develop employee skills.
- Confer with maintenance personnel, other leads and employees to resolve equipment problems.
- Assists maintenance with preventative and proactive maintenance on all equipment.
- Coordinates line setup and changeovers when needed.
- Ensure production supplies are available to meet production schedules.
- Monitor quality of product and ensure employees are completing all quality checks as required.
- Communicate major issues or problems to the supervisor and/or manager in a timely manner.
- Promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Comply with all established safety policies and procedures; promote and maintain safety awareness, and identify and resolve potential safety issues.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Openly communicate with other departments, shifts and leads to create one cohesive team working towards common goals.
- Assist in the coordination of sample product requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours: 1st Shift
- Previous work experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read materials to interpret and analyze content.
- Ability to solve problems that are frequent and unique. Because conditions change frequently, the incumbent must use creativity and judgment. There is considerable latitude in the decisions made, with final approval from supervisor.
- Possess motivational leadership skills, endurance, and flexibility.
- Possess a willingness to continually learn new skills and processes.
- Ability to establish priorities effectively to manage time to complete duties with specified time frames.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Skilled in performing detailed work with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Able to meet pulmonary / respiratory physical.
- Fork Lift Operation Certification