Port Huron, MI | Manufacturing
Small Injection Molding shop in search of experienced Process Technicians. Must be available for 2nd and 3rd shift.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Responsible for complete set-up/start-up of all assigned jobs. Will be able to repeat process, troubleshoot, and document set-up. Provide training to new process technicians. Ability to perform routine maintenance to production molds as required. Responsible to complete material handling duties when necessary.
Accurately perform process verification checks and fill out the necessary documents for your assigned machines at start up.
Complete assigned mold changes in a timely and accurate fashion as posted on machine.
Perform start-ups in a timely and accurate fashion using proper procedures and paperwork.
· Achieve specified 95% shot weight.
· Correctly fill out Start-Up Sheet.
· Correctly fill out Process Verification Sheet
· Ensure the press is capable of running to the standard cycle time.
· Present first shot to the Q.A. for approval.
· Keep track of all start-up scrap.
Practice proper housekeeping practices.
· Clean up purging’s when they are made.
· Clean up any spilled material.
· Clean up parts that are left from previous run.
· Ensure that all parts are contained within the chutes and bins when the press is started.
· Remove all unnecessary waterlines from the machine and hang them up in designated areas.
· Wipe all grease prints off of the machines after the mold change is completed.
Fill out mold repair sheets as required.
· Flash, sticking sprues, water leaks, etc.
Ensure that all molds are clean and free of debris on the mating surfaces and all slides and leader pins are properly greased.
Work overtime as required by your Coordinator to complete necessary tasks unless otherwise release by Coordinator.
Effectively communicate with co-workers.
· Get line-up from previous shift and give line-up to oncoming shift during a plant walk through. Communicate problems and activities taken to correct them.
Complete all other tasks as assigned for safe and efficient operation of the plant.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Remove all unused and unnecessary equipment from work sites and place in designated area.
· Keep all spray cans in designated can holders. Loose spray cans must be kept in storage cabinets.
Train new Process Technicians as required using current molding techniques.
Develop and document processes as required.
· All jobs require a setup sheet for the machine they are running in.
· New setup sheets must be verified they meet set standards.
Perform samples of new and revised tools as required.
· Complete and turn in appropriate documentation to personnel designated on sample request.
Trouble shoot processes as necessary to ensure efficient job performance.
· Use 5M’s (ishakawa) Man-Material-Method-Machine-Mold
· *Man (physical work)
· *Material (Includes Raw Material, Consumables and Information.)
· *Method (process)
· *Machine (technology)
· Use these 5 key elements to lead to permanent resolution.
· Include appropriate personnel as required to determine course of action to permanently resolve a problem.
Participate in 8D solving as required.
· Assist in developing means of permanent resolution to customer complaints.
Participate in the Continuous Improvement program.
· Assist in developing and implementing suggested improvements.
Key Performance Measures:
Required documentation filled out correctly.
Cycles running to standards.
Overall appearance of machines and shop floor (housekeeping).
Effectiveness of communication.
Individual job performance
Effectiveness in resolving assigned problems.
Participation in the Continuous Improvement program.
1. Reading 7 – 9th grade and math 8th grade to be determined by testing
2. Prior process/mold technician experience/cross training preferred
3. Previous material handler experience
4. Mechanical aptitude
5. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
6. Ability to supply own tools and steel toed shoes
7. Ability to obtain valid hi-lo license
8. Good performance record
9. Must be able to demonstrate competency through testing and job performance after training
You must be 18 years of age to apply
You must have your own reliable transportation
You must have 2 forms of ID to prove you can work in the US
You must submit to a 9 panel drug screen ( we are a drug free company)
You must submit to a national wide criminal background check
You must have a positive and recent work history