Position Title: Press Feeder
Shifts Available: 3rd
Position Summary: Assist the Pressman in operating and maintaining the printing press efficiently, safely, and accurately.
- Ability to read and interpret job jacket information on upcoming jobs on production schedule.
- Responsible for locating sheeted board and comparing label on skid with job jacked to ensure correct material.
- Operates pallet jack to move skids from raw material warehouse to press room.
- Loads skids of sheeted board on press conveyer and maintains conveyer during entire production run.
- Responds to Pressman with any special request during press make ready, monitors press feed during press runs.
- Responsible for filling all press chemicals, loading inks, putting away inks when done with job and refilling process inks on press shelf when needed.
- Understand the importance of environmental responsibilities and proper disposal of press waste.
- Responsible for ensuring all used rags are disposed of in rag bin and that the lid remain closed
- Removes any full AQ/Fountain solution flush water drums from press to Non-Hazardous waste staging area.
- Ensures that any new drum used to collect waste at the press are properly labeled
- Responsible for cleaning ink knives, cleaning ink fountains, cleaning water buckets, cleaning any coater spills, cleaning washer blades and keeping the press area in a clean state, as well as emptying all garbage bins in press area.
- Responsible for picking up used rags and gloves in press area, changing rag bag when full and maintaining stack of clean rags for use on the press.
- Assists the pressman in any maintenance of the press.
- Follows all company safety requirements
- Comply with all company rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as required to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the Company.
Physical Requirements: Ability to life 50 lb load
Ability to stand for long periods of time with frequent lifting, bending, squatting, reaching, and pulling