DIRECT HIRE POSITION
SUMMARY: Directs and leads all Materials Management activities including the activities of personnel engaged in shipping/receiving, inventory & production control, materials scheduling, capacity planning, and the procurement of components, equipment, machinery, and supplies for the Company by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. In addition, the Director is responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of continuous improvements within the Materials Management group in order to maintain an effective Materials team.
- Plans and supervises Materials Management programs, projects, and organizes and directs staff accordingly.
- Oversees all purchasing functions including approval of all requisitions, assists purchasing manager with any personnel or vendor matters, and establishes purchasing practices and policies that will ensure honest, ethical and fair relationships with vendors.
- Directs, coordinates, and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies as it relates to production control, purchasing, shipping, and receiving.
- Oversees all shipping, receiving and material issues to work in process which include, parts purchased and manufactured to ensure they are located properly at correct costs, material issues for correct quantities and parts and Shipping and Receiving and/or on time delivery assistance as needed.
- Monitors, maintains, and reduces inventory levels to meet needs of production and customers by establishing reorder points and safety stock for target level parts, supervises inventory counts on daily and annual basis, reviews variances, valuing year end inventory and approves all parts to be scraped from obsolescence to WIP scrap.
- Initiates, plans, and regularly schedules technical meetings to include Materials Management staff, Manufacturing, Sales, Service, etc. as needed to exchange ideas, troubleshoot and share information.
- Oversees all arrangements for export and import shipments, reviews all paperwork as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Control expenditures within authorized limits.
- Maintains records of all machine shipments.