Waupaca, WI | Machine Operator
Looking for a very positive environment that embraces the motto of work hard and play hard? This is your chance to work in a very clean and bright shop setting while contributing to the overall growth and success of the company.
A Waupaca manufacturer is looking to add a full time machinist to their team. This company specializes in machining a variety of castings, forgings, weldments and other machined components for diverse industries such as Defense, Energy, OEM and Food Processing. They provide the highest quality CNC precision machining services in all types of Carbon Steels, Tool Steels, Stainless Steels, Inconel, Aluminum, Plastics, other specialty materials and exotic alloys. They also offer a full-service weld and fabrication shop on-site.
• Set up, adjust and operate a variety of departmental machinery to include horizontal and vertical mills, lathes, presses and grinders to manufacture machine parts that require close tolerances.
• Read and interpret blueprint specifications and set up sheets to determine procedures and operational sequence
• Operate various hand tools, power hand tools and machine tools to make finishing adjustments to products
• Use a variety of precision measuring devises to set up and adjust work
• Perform general preventive maintenance on tools and equipment
Hours: Monday - Friday 2:00pm - 10:30am (some flexibility with hours if needed)
• Blueprint reading experience
• Strong math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Machinist or related degree preferred
• 3 years of skilled trades training in machine tool operations
• Ability to lift 30 pounds repetitively and up to a maximum of 50 pounds