Greenville, WI | Machine Operator
Always wanted to pursue machining but lacked the funds for school? We have an apprenticeship opportunity waiting for someone with a strong mechanical aptitude.
This position is designed to give hands on experience with Spring Manufacturing equipment in a support role. The goal is to support the primary operators by performing duties listed below to allow them time to focus on the programming and final stages of part set-up. Depending on aptitude, mechanical skill, and work habits; the apprentice can hopefully transition into a full operator role as needed.
Responsibilities: Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
• Unload wire from machines that have completed production. Wire sheets are to be completed as necessary and wire for the next job will be requested and loaded onto the payoff reel.
• Bring production parts to quality or elsewhere as appropriate.
• Changeover feed tooling appropriate for wire size and string wire.
• Pull up program where applicable and set tooling based off of previous manufacturing notes where possible.
• Help monitor machines including performing SPC where parts are running to allow primary operators time to focus on set-up.
• Identify tooling required for parts and put request through to have tooling made where appropriate.
• Perform preventive maintenance on machines and ovens as time permits.
• Employee may be asked to fill in elsewhere as necessary to meet customer shipment requirements.
Hours: Monday - Friday 2nd Shift 1:50pm – 12:20am
**Training would take place on 1st shift (5:30am-2:00pm) and then transitioned to 2nd**
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Math/Measuring skills
• Able to troubleshoot and communicate effectively with multiple departments.
• Willingness to fill in elsewhere to meet customer shipment requirements.
• At least 1 year of manufacturing or other related experience.