Oshkosh, WI | General Labor
General Laborer is responsible for finishing and packaging parts according to customer specifications. This includes but is not limited to hand grinding, use of belt sander, Dynafile, die grinder, etc.
• Locates material and if necessary moves the appropriate area using equipment such as a forklift of overhead crane.
• Weighs material to determine proper packaging method and to ensure that material will reach the customer destination in a safe and presentable manner.
• Counts out the number of parts in order to fill the customer's order accurately
• Completes associated paperwork in accordance with company guidelines.
• Prepares shipping tags using the department computer or by completing the tag manually if necessary.
• Communicates with previous/proceeding shifts as to work in process, priority of work orders to be completed during the next shift
1st Shift Hours: Monday - Thursday 6:00am - 4:00pm (Friday's overtime)
2nd Shift Hours: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 2:00am
Weekend Shift Hours: Fri-Sat-Sunday 6:00am - 6:00pm (work 36 hrs & get paid for 40 hrs)
Previous work experience with grinding hand tools is preferred.
• Ability to safely operate overhead cranes with related equipment and forklifts.
• Ability to perform simple math including additional and subtraction.
• Knowledge of general shop procedures and rules including safety precautions.
• Ability and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and work as part of a production team.
• Physical requirements include continual standing, walking, lifting, twisting with periodic bending, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.